Sunday 30 December 2012

This is Ben on Christmas Day, as we set out for a romp in a local park.

He's being a very calm big brother, so far.
He alerted Tom to the fact that Alex was wailing piteously in my arms while I tried to feed him with the phrase "Babies cry to tell us something, " which was straight from one of our 'new baby' storybooks.
At the time (as I struggled to latch him on for the gazillionth time in an eight hour period) it did feel rather patronising, but I love that he's taking ownership of the new Big Brother role.

I am missing spending time with him terribly. I tried to get down on the floor and play with some blocks this morning while Alex slept in the rocker, and hurt myself. I feel so good, in general, that I forget about minding the stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment