Tuesday 26 July 2011


This time a year ago, Ben didn't exist.

It barely seems possible, now.

Here enjoying a little Elevenses, after his morning nap.
So, so grown up now. I keep remembering last year. He was induced on the Tuesday afternoon and arrived on the Wednesday at lunchtime. I can't get my head around Ben going from being not-here to here. I couldn't get my head around it at the hospital, and it still doesn't feel possible that he once wasn't part of our lives, that we once weren't a family.

We've decided that our family could grow by at least another 25%. And a cat. But not this year. My dissertation will be my baby this academic year. And then I'll perhaps steel myself to go through pregnancy again! Childbirth wasn't a big deal for me - lucky me - but pregnancy made me sick, exhausted, and as of yet I have no desire to repeat the experience. If only Tom would stop dithering about and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment